Last Updated March 15, 2019
AGREEMENT TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions constitute a legally binding agreement between you, your agents, and anyone acting on your behalf (collectively, “you”) and MY LEGAL RESEARCH (“we,” “us,” or “our”), concerning your access to and use of the mylegalresearch.com website (the “Site”).
You agree that by accessing the Site, you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by all of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with all of these Terms and Conditions, then you are expressly prohibited from using the Site and you must discontinue use immediately.
Supplemental terms and conditions or documents that may be posted on the Site from time to time are hereby expressly incorporated herein by reference. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason.
We will alert you about any changes by updating the “Last updated” date of these Terms and Conditions, and you waive any right to receive specific notice of each such change. It is your responsibility to periodically review these Terms and Conditions to stay informed of updates. You will be subject to, and will be deemed to have been made aware of and accepted, the changes in any revised Terms and Conditions by your continued use of the Site after the date such revised Terms and Conditions are posted.
Only licensed attorneys who are in good standing to practice law in a jurisdiction in the United States of America may use the Site. Attorneys shall promptly notify MY LEGAL RESEARCH in the event of disbarment or suspension from the practice of law.
Eligible users are granted a license to use the Site subject to these terms and conditions. Attorneys must comply with applicable laws and Rules of Professional Conduct when using the Site, including any restrictions on the use of third-party legal research services. Users shall not:
- Violate any other party’s rights, including rights to confidence and privacy;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including any of our employees or representatives;
- Mine information about other Users;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, User accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site;
- Remove or modify any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice that appears on any portion of the Site or on any materials printed or copied from the Site;
- Use the Site or any Site Content to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, or other items of a destructive nature;
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site;
- Use the Site to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords, or security encryption codes; disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Site or Site Content; or
- Remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Site, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of Site Content or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Site.
MY LEGAL RESEARCH does not offer legal services or advice.MY LEGAL RESEARCH does not offer legal representation, legal advice, legal opinions, recommendations, referrals, or counseling. Users of the Site are not employees or agents of MY LEGAL RESEARCH. At no point will MY LEGAL RESEARCH be held liable for the acts or omissions of any User. MY LEGAL RESEARCH will not have contact with the Attorney’s clients, opposing counsel, witnesses, or other persons involved with the legal matter for which the Attorney orders legal research, and will not appear in court or any other judicial or administrative proceeding,
Use of MY LEGAL RESEARCH does not create an attorney-client relationship.MY LEGAL RESEARCH does not offer legal advice or services. Any use of the Site is not intended to, and does not, create an attorney-client relationship. MY LEGAL RESEARCH is not liable for the actions or omissions of any Attorney or MY LEGAL RESEARCH.
Users are required to register with the Site. You agree to keep your password confidential and you will be responsible for all use of your account and password. We reserve the right to remove, reclaim, or change a username you select if we determine, in our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. We reserve the right to close your account at any time for any or no reason.
PAYMENT FOR LEGAL RESEARCH
By submitting a research question, users agree to pay for legal research at the indicated price. Users agree to pay for legal research within 48 hours of receiving a Research Report in response to the research question. By submitting a research question, Users give MY LEGAL RESEARCH permission to charge the his or her on-file credit card, PayPal account, or other approved methods of payment.
MY LEGAL RESEARCH may, in its sole discretion, create promotional codes that may be redeemed for account credit, or other features or benefits related to MY LEGAL RESEARCH’s services, on such terms and conditions as MY LEGAL RESEARCH may choose. All promotional codes must be used by their intended audience, for their intended purpose, and in a lawful manner. Promotional codes have no cash value and may expire or be disabled by MY LEGAL RESEARCH at any time, for any reason. MY LEGAL RESEARCH reserves the right to withhold or deduct credits or other features or benefits obtained through the use of promotional codes by you or any other user in the event that MY LEGAL RESEARCH determines or believes that the use or redemption of the promotional code was in error, fraudulent, illegal, or in violation of the applicable Promo Code terms.
MY LEGAL RESEARCH retains all ownership of all intellectual property rights of any kind related to the Site, including but not limited to our copyrights, patents, and trademarks. This agreement does not transfer from us to you any MY LEGAL RESEARCH or third-party intellectual property, and all right, title, and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with us. We reserve all rights that are not expressly granted to you under this agreement.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding the Site (“Submissions”) provided by you are non-confidential and shall become our sole property. We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
You hereby waive all rights to any such Submissions, and you hereby warrant that any such Submissions are original with you or that you have the right to submit such Submissions. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your Submissions.
We use email and electronic means to stay in touch with Users. You consent to receive communications from MY LEGAL RESEARCH via the email address you have submitted. You agree that all Terms, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that MY LEGAL RESEARCH provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were in writing.
We use a third-party provider as the payment gateway. No credit card or bank account information is stored by MY LEGAL RESEARCH.
The Site may be modified, updated, interrupted, suspended, or discontinued at any time without notice or liability.
We have the right (though not the obligation) to, in our sole discretion, determine whether or not any User complies with these terms and conditions, or terminate or deny access to and use of the Site or Service to any User for any reason, with or without prior notice.
In the event of any termination, whether by you or us, these terms and conditions will continue in full force and effect, including the DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY herein.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
The Site may provide you with convenient links to third party website(s), as well as other forms of third party content. These links are provided as a courtesy to Users. We have no control over third party websites or content or the promotions, materials, information, goods, or services available on them. By linking to such content, we do not represent or imply that we adopt or endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by parties other than MY LEGAL RESEARCH. We are not responsible for any third party content accessed through our Site. If you decide to leave the Site and access third party content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our Terms no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any such content. These Terms do not authorize you to distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, make available, alter, or otherwise use any third party content except as permitted herein. Your use of the Site and Service is consent for MY LEGAL RESEARCH to present this Content to you. You acknowledge all responsibility for, and assume all risk for, your use of third party content. You agree that we are not responsible for third party content and that your use of third party content, including their websites, is at your own risk.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY SINCE IT LIMITS THE LIABILITY OF MY LEGAL RESEARCH AND ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR SHAREHOLDERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “MY LEGAL RESEARCH ENTITIES”). EACH OF THE SUBSECTIONS BELOW ONLY APPLIES UP TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. NOTHING HEREIN IS INTENDED TO LIMIT ANY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE WHICH MAY NOT BE LIMITED.
- THE SITE IS MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN “AS IS”, “WITH ALL FAULTS,” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. THE MY LEGAL RESEARCH ENTITIES MAKE NO CLAIMS OR PROMISES ABOUT THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY OF THE SITE OR THE SITE CONTENT. ACCORDINGLY, THE MY LEGAL RESEARCH ENTITIES ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT ARISE, FOR EXAMPLE, FROM YOUR RELIANCE ON THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY OF MY LEGAL RESEARCH.
- THE MY LEGAL RESEARCH ENTITIES MAKE NO CLAIMS OR PROMISES WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD PARTY. ACCORDINGLY, THE MY LEGAL RESEARCH ENTITIES ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT ARISE FROM THEIR ACTIONS, INCLUDING, FOR EXAMPLE, IF ANOTHER USER MISUSES YOUR CONTENT OR IDENTITY, OR IF YOU HAVE A NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE WITH ONE OF THE BUSINESSES LISTED ON THE SITE. YOUR PURCHASE AND USE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED OR ADVERTISED BY THIRD PARTIES THROUGH THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
- THE MY LEGAL RESEARCH ENTITIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES AS TO THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED BY BUSINESSES LISTED OR ADVERTISED ON THE SITE, AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE PROVIDED TO YOU BY A REPRESENTATIVE OF ONE OF THE MY LEGAL RESEARCH ENTITIES SHALL CREATE A REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY.
- YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE RIGHT AND REMEDY IN CASE OF DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER GRIEVANCE SHALL BE YOUR TERMINATION AND DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THE SITE.
- THE MY LEGAL RESEARCH ENTITIES DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR ANY: (i) INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, RELIANCE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; (ii) LOSS OF PROFITS; (iii) BUSINESS INTERRUPTION; (iv) REPUTATIONAL HARM; OR (v) LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA.
- YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE MY LEGAL RESEARCH ENTITIES, INCLUDING COSTS, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, AND LEGAL FEES, FROM ANY CLAIM OR DEMAND MADE BY ANY USER OR OTHER THIRD PARTY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO (1) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE; (2) YOUR VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS; (3) ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE; OR (4) ANY INFRINGEMENT BY YOU, OR ANYONE USING YOUR ACCOUNT, OF ANY RIGHT OF ANY PERSON. MY LEGAL RESEARCH RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT YOUR EXPENSE, TO ASSUME THE EXCLUSIVE DEFENSE AND CONTROL OF ANY MATTER WHICH YOU ARE REQUIRED TO INDEMNIFY THE MY LEGAL RESEARCH ENTITIES, AND YOU AGREE TO COOPERATE WITH OUR DEFENSE OF THESE CLAIMS. YOU AGREE NOT TO SETTLE ANY MATTER INVOLVING THE MY LEGAL RESEARCH ENTITIES WITHOUT OUR PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT, WHICH WILL NOT BE UNREASONABLY WITHHELD. MY LEGAL RESEARCH WILL USE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO NOTIFY YOU OF ANY SUCH CLAIM, ACTION, OR PROCEEDING UPON BECOMING AWARE OF IT.
- THE MY LEGAL RESEARCH ENTITIES MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT THE INFORMATION WE PROVIDE OR THAT IS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE OR SERVICE IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE, OR CORRECT; THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, THAT THE SERVICE WILL FUNCTION IN AN UNINTERRUPTED MANNER OR BE SECURE EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF INFORMATION, CONTENT, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED FROM THE SITE OR SERVICE.
- We reserve the right to modify, update, interrupt, suspend, or discontinue the Site and Service at any time without notice or liability.
- We may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the terms and conditions by email, regular mail, or communications through the Site.
- Except as otherwise expressly stated herein, nothing herein is intended, nor will be deemed, to confer rights or remedies upon any third party.
- The terms and conditions contain the entire agreement between you and MY LEGAL RESEARCH regarding the use of the Site and supersede any prior agreement between you and us on such subject matter. The parties acknowledge that no reliance is placed on any representation made but not expressly contained in these Terms.
- Any failure on MY LEGAL RESEARCH’S part to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
- Wisconsin law governs these terms and conditions, as well as any claim, cause of action, or dispute that might arise between you and MY LEGAL RESEARCH, without regard to conflict of law provisions. FOR ANY CLAIM BROUGHT BY OR AGAINST YOU, YOU AGREE TO SUBMIT AND CONSENT TO THE PERSONAL AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION IN, AND THE EXCLUSIVE VENUE OF, THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED WITHIN WISCONSIN.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
- The Terms are not assignable, transferable, or sub-licensable by you except with MY LEGAL RESEARCH’S prior written consent but may be assigned or transferred by us without restriction. Any assignment that is attempted in violation of these terms and conditions is void.
- The titles in these terms and conditions are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.